Families are like chocolate- mostly sweet with a few nuts!

Thursday, October 22, 2009

What we have been doing!

I know I haven't done any blogs for a while, so here is a few pictures of what we have been doing. Blake, Caleb, and I go to the library for story time. The boys love to read books


At school, Bryan had green day and his teacher made "Green Eggs and Ham!" Bryan could tell us every step that she did. So we tried it at home. The color about made me puke! I just wanted to see if he really did eat it. He mostly ate the ham, he doesn't like eggs.


Shilo has been using the wood he took down from the goat shed, to make me shelves in the pantry. In this picture he is only half done. It is so wonderfull to have so many shelves to put food and things on and it makes it so organized.


I have been busy, busy, busy with canning and freezing food. Just when I think I am done, I'm not. In this picture I am making tomatoe sauce from our garden, and I borrowed this food strainer from my friend Audra. I also made apple sauce from her sister's apples. (this was in Sept.) Then I baked and froze the pumpkins from our garden. Last week, Shilo's Grandma Bingham, said I could pick apples from their trees. I got a box and two sacks full. I canned apples, made apple pie filling, and I even experimented with drying apples. This has all been ALOT of work, but for the first time we have shelves and a freezer full of food. I am so thankful for all that we were able to grow and all the food that was given to me.



THose CRazY BiNGhamS!
Last Sunday my mom came to our ward to watch our Primary Program. Bryan sang and did his part awesome! Blake didn't want to go up, so me and him sang the songs from the bench. After Church, mom took family pictures for us. This was my favorite. We told the boys to smile nice, and then we did a crazy picture.!
For those who didn't know, last week Shilo got bronchitus. He couldn't work for 3 days because the medicine wouldn't allow him to drive. So he drove me crazy at home! (He doesn't like to be bored, even when he is sick.) Then all of this week, all of the boys and I have been fighting colds. Bryan missed 2 days of school. But we are slowly getting better.




2 comments:

  1. Yay! An update :) Those shelves look great! Who knew my brother was so handy! And I love that family picture, especially the looks on Bryan and Blake's faces, how fun! I really need to get family pictures taken too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tietjen LOVES green eggs... it is his favorite book and we have to make it for him all the time... we tried other colors once and it grossed me out!! You guys have been busy!! You look so cute Jillyn - that big belly!! lovve you all

    ReplyDelete