Families are like chocolate- mostly sweet with a few nuts!

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Fun

What I love about having all boys.... They are highly entertained by ROCKS!
 For Memorial Day we took them to Craters of the Moon.  They just loved it.  They kept running from one spot to the other.  Shilo and I had a hard time keeping up!  Even Gavin would say, "Ooh Look at the Rocks" or "Did you see that," pointing to big holes in the rocks.  I'm glad they really liked going.


Shilo and Gavin

Caleb, Bryan, and Me. (I truly got wore out by the end)

The boys were the most excited about.... the CAVES!
They had so much fun climbing the rocks.  Blake and Bryan would be a little too adventurist, and go way before we could with Caleb and Gavin.  They just wanted to see it all.

This is the only cave Gavin and I went down, because the others were too hard to climb down into, and you had to hold Gavin the whole time.  He did not like being left behind, and I got to hear all about it. 
Caleb climbing a tree we told him not too.  (But I had to take a picture because he was so cute).
Just to illustrate a point about Caleb's personality.  We kept telling the boys to stay on the path, like the sign said (that way we could also keep track of them.)  So, Caleb walked with one foot on the trail like he was supposed too, and one foot off the trail to show what HE wanted to do!
We had a very fun trip.  The boys wanted to keep going to climb the big hill, but I was wore out and wanted to go home.

We also visited graves on Sat and Sun.  This is Shilo's Grandma Bingham

Shilo's Grandpa Hunsaker

My Grandma and Grandpa Tietjen.  It was so rainy we could only hop out, take a picture and hop back in.
After 5 years, we FINALLY have a ridding lawn mower!  We are so excited.  We have never bought anything this nice and brand new before.  At first I felt like it was so nice, we shouldn't use it or touch it.  We still have to use our push mower to get everywhere the ridding mower cant get.  But Shilo mowed the big section of our lawn in 30 min, and it use to take us an hour!

3 comments:

  1. Actually it took 1 1/2 hours to mow and 2 hours to mow if we did behind the shop. I did that all in an hour with the riding lawn mower and the push mower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is awesome! glad you got a riding mower. the caves looked great. we will have to meet in bozeman, mt sometimes and do the caves there. like we did with mom. the boys will love it.
    and if we do it in the summer we can camp instil of hotel.
    keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you got a riding lawn mower, that will make things so much faster for you guys...you really do have a lot of lawn to mow! You are a brave lady to wander all over craters of the moon with those boys :) Sounds like they had lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete