Families are like chocolate- mostly sweet with a few nuts!

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Party with the Binghams

We had a 4th of July party/ birthday party for Gabriel at our house.  We spent all week working on the yard and gardens to make everything look nice.  Shilo's family were good sports while we experimented with our dutch-oven cooking.


Shilo was the cook.  We made bb-q beef sandwiches, cheesy potatoes, and Strawberry Cobbler.  Yummy!  We ate an hour later than we planned because we are new at this and I had a horse fiasco. ( I accidentally let the neighbors horses out when I was collecting eggs while my friend was gone.  The horses ran all over the church's grass then down the street.  Luckily we have some other great neighbors with horse experience and family that helped us get them back in.  It only put our preparations a half an hour behind for the party!)

Finally we get to eat!

Jared and Amber, with Great Grandma and Grandpa Bingham.

The kids had fun being together.

I love this picture of Bryan and I didn't even take it, Blake did.

Happy Birthday Gabriel.  JaLene made cupcakes with flags on them.

We had a pool and a water slide for the kids to cool off.

Kara and Cutie baby Whitney!

Here is a video of the kids playing in the water.  I wanted to show Kolby, Rachael, and MaKenzie.
It was a really fun day being together.  It was hot, but that is better than cold!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for having the 4th party at your house! It was so much fun to see everyone and to spend the afternoon together. And the dutch oven was so good! One of these days you'll have to teach Weston and I how to use ours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the video! Zane made us laugh when he went not even 2 feet on the slip-n-slide. We wish we were there too! Looked like a fun family day. We are thinking of coming around the 4th next year! Maybe you can make cobbler for us?! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete