Families are like chocolate- mostly sweet with a few nuts!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

4th of July and Summer

We spent the night in our new tent in my parent's backyard.

Lighting fireworks.  Too bad for Addison who got burned by the sparkler.


Riding the Ferris Wheel at Tautphaus Park Fun Land.  Confession: I was scared when we started going up, because I don't like heights!

Bryan, Addison, Blake and Caleb on the rides.

I like this picture of the boys and their matching shirts.  My mom bought shirts for everyone to wear.  I haven't gotten the group picture from Brookie yet.

My dad and his new grill.  The food was DELICIOUS! The kids liked playing in the water at my parent's home.
 The Fourth was a lot of fun.  We missed Kim and Trent and their girls.  Next year we are going to Wyoming for our family reunion.  We are so excited.
Happy Birthday Shilo!  You are a wonderful DAD!  He got  dutch oven tools, a dutch oven cookbook, and the movie Narnia 3.


PEAS!  We have picked about 30 cups of peas this year.  We were really excited!  We hope everything in the garden does this well.



Pumpkins and corn, potatoes, peppers, and raspberries.
Peas and broccoli, strawberries, onions, and zucchini!

I know this is silly, but here is my new wheat grinder.  I saved up my babysitting money so that I could have it.  I'm excited!  Now all I need is my $400 Bosch Mixer and I'm set!

4 comments:

  1. I love your matching flag shirts--so cute! You also look really cute on the ferris wheel :)! I am jealous of your garden! We decided to try a garden for the first time this year, and I hope we get some good things from it as well! Is Shilo's b-day on the 4th??

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so much fun seeing u guys for the 4th. Ur garden looks awesome. We're totally jealous. Happy birthday shilo. We love and miss u guys.
    P. S. I love the picture of u and Shilo.
    Oh and I am I suppose to send u pics? If so I'm sorry I totally forgot. I'll try to work on that. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun summer so far! Also, only you would have a picture of your new wheat grinder, you crafty homemaker! So talented! Miss you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just have to say that I LOVE that first picture of you and Shilo, it's so cute! Glad you are having a good summer!

    ReplyDelete