Families are like chocolate- mostly sweet with a few nuts!

Friday, July 24, 2009

Grandpa Tietjen's Funeral

These are pictures of my Grandpa and his life. He died on July 3, 2009 and his funera was July 10, 2009 in Ammon, Idaho.
Here we are at the Ammon Cemmetary.


Uncle Ron, Aunt Kathy, Grandma Tietjen, Aunt Relda, Uncle Bill, and Dad.



The luncheon at the church. (Shilo, Aaron, Brookie and Addison, Mom, Caleb, Blake and Bryan.)


Here is Shilo and I with Grandma Tietjen.

Our Family Picture with Grandpa's flowers and painting.



I will miss my Grandpa Tietjen very much. He was a very kind person. I am glad that I got to grow up living next to him. My favorite story was when I went to ask him for glue for a school project. But He couldn't hear me very well. When he finally understood what I wanted, he said "Yah, I got glue." And he brought me wood glue.
My favorite saying of grandpa's was his Indian word "Yah-ta-Hey"(not sure on spelling.) I remember going over and eating Indian Fry bread that he made and hearing his stories.
Love YOU Grandpa!

















No comments:

Post a Comment